Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Spotight: Elisabeth Wilder

Hey guys!
Here is a new post finally. Sorry on the delay. we will be posting SMC profiles as well as profiles of students who are active on chapel.

My name is Elisabeth Wilder and I am a junior. I am an SMC and you have probably seen me behind the sound board at chapel. I kind of live there and in the chapel. The other place I live is the art building. I am an art education major, which is a lot of work, but really satisfying and fulfilling for me. I love art and being able to express myself and I love kids. I think that children are the future and deserve the best education possible.

I have really grown a lot since I came to Alma and got involved in chapel. I really enjoy being part of the chapel community and worshiping as a body every Sunday night. I also really enjoy small groups and would encourage everyone to get involved.  While here at Alma, I have learned more about God and his calling for me. I feel called to service but also leadership. I know these two might not necessarily go together, but I have found ways to make this work. This year I led two alternative break trips, and although they were not faith based trips, I learned some valuable lessons and really affirmed that I want to be a teacher. I will be going to Peru for a spring term and I am so excited! One major part of our trip is service, and I am looking forward to serving and working with children in Peru.

So, you probably noticed me behind the soundboard at chapel or at events in the chapel. This semester, our old soundboard was finally retired and we got our new shiny, pretty, amazing sound board. I still need to name it, but I am so glad that we were able to get it. It makes doing sound for chapel events so much easier. I really do enjoy doing sound. I like being behind the scenes making sure everything runs smoothly and sounds great and to the best of my abilities. I feel so nerdy when I get talking about sound.

I come from a big family and I have lots of cousins. I have a dog named Emily, who is blind and has only one eye. My favorite color is green. The pretty green of apples or spring. I love spring when everything comes back to life. The trees bloom and everything is so beautiful. I tend to really like earthy things and can relate a lot of things to trees.

One of my favorite illustrations is the tree of life. I like the symbolism of the branches, trunk and root. More specifically the need to be rooted in faith before we can spread our branches.

So...that's a lot about me and I hope you enjoyed and keep posted for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment