Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spotlight: Rosa Vaz’Quez

Hello! My name is Rosa Vaz’Quez and I am a senior at Alma College. My major is music education and I play the clarinet. I am involved in the marching band, concert band and symphony orchestra.

          I started going to chapel because I saw a flyer and I thought I would go. I enjoy chapel because it always seems like I can relate some aspect of my life with the speech given each week. Secondly, I enjoy the contemporary worship because the songs are fun to sing and speak to my heart. Lastly, I love that there is someone always there at the end of service to pray with you. It is so nice to know you have someone who listens to your pray needs and pray with you about them.
          My faith journey has come a long way. At the beginning of my journey, I just went to church every week and that was about it. Now, I try my best to make God apart of my everyday life and decisions. I do not want God to only be a part of my life on Sundays. At the present moment, I feel a calling to be more of a leader of my faith. I want to try to help lead people to God and be a light of God in this at times dark world.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment