Friday, April 1, 2011

Spotlight: Caitlin Closs


If I’m not in the chapel you might catch me having photo shoots with friends, wearing my kilt to the football game, or crafting.  I’m Caitlin and I am a sophomore, soon to be halfway done with college!!  Woohoo!!  My real home is all the way in Colorado, but I think of Alma as a home now!  I love being an SMC as well as everything else I do on campus.  Being an R.A., a phi sig, and in the band have made me love college!  Someday I want to teach math to high school kids, but for now I’m enjoying college and the awesome life God has blessed me with. 

Chapel has always been one of my favorite parts about Alma.  I love the community and that so many people I know from all over campus are connected at Chapel and vice versa.  Having a community to hold me accountable and help me grow has given me a lot of confidence and opportunities.  I am glad that I took the time to find out what chapel was and then to get involved and feel like my ideas are being implemented.  I have met lifelong friends and mentors.  I enjoy the music and the speakers on Sunday nights and how relevant their messages are to my life. 

I hope that I can give back to the chapel as much as it has given to me these past two years!  If we aren’t friends yet I can’t wait to meet you.  I love meeting new people.  Smiling, laughing, and hugs are three of my favorite things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment