Monday, September 12, 2011

Spotlight: Linsey Hough





Hello everyone!


 My name is Linsey and I am a senior this year. I am majoring in Integrated Physiology and Health Science (formerly known as Exercise Health Science) as well as minoring in chemistry and Spanish. With this I will attend medical school next year.


 With that goal in mind, last summer I worked for a program called the Mobile Health Fair. It is through the Presbyterian church. This program strives to provide medical care and medical education to people without insurance. So, this summer 6 people, including myself, traveled all around Ohio and Michigan for 9 weeks. We set up health fairs and did free health screenings for people. We mainly worked with the homeless and migrant workers and their children. It was such a great experience and such a blessing.


 I always think I know what God has in store for me when these opportunities come along and I always underestimate what he wanted me to get out of the experience. Working with these people and helping them has been one of the best experiences in my life, and has really shown me what I want to do in life. It is a great program for anyone wanting to go into the medical field and loves working with spanish speaking people :)

Here is a link if anyone is interested!

http://www.covenantmissionexchange.org/mission-profile/userprofile/mobilehealthfair.html

No comments:

Post a Comment