Saturday, February 25, 2012

Center


Author:  Marta is an active participant in CSO and studies as often as she can!


I was born and raised in a Catholic family.  We went to church every Sunday, we prayed before we ate and went to bed, I attended a youth catholic ministry group that met every week; I was in the perfect environment.  In spite of all that, I had no clue of God’s goodness.  I never fully paid attention to the beauty of His works or even really knew how to love Him.  As I entered my third year of college, I met some people that changed my entire life by introducing me to the Rosary, Confession, and most of all… The Divine Mercy Chaplet.  This prayer is said at the 3 o’clock holy hour, and should be especially blessed on the first Sunday after Easter.  These were Jesus’ words to St. Maria Faustina Kowalska: “My daughter, tell the whole world about My inconceivable mercy. I desire that the Feast of Mercy be a refuge and shelter for all souls, and especially for poor sinners. On that day the very depths of My tender mercy are open. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment” (Diary, 699).  What makes this feast so wonderful is that the Lord attached an abundance of promises to it.  If we take the time to worship God, He will pour out His infinite and merciful love upon us.  It will light up our soul and lift us up to where our spirit shines out on the whole world, so that others may be witnesses to his great glory.  It is a time of grace for all people, no matter how awful are sins may be.  I spent the last 20 years of my life completely ignoring God, who is so infinitely good.  As soon as I realized that, I put Christ in the center of my life.  He still forgave me after rejecting Him for so long. That is true love.  I now know how to love Him.  I love Him more than myself.  Our Lord wants us to trust and believe in the goodness of His love, and this is how we can start, by saying The Divine Mercy Chaplet.  It is truly wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment