Monday, February 27, 2012

Light of My Life


Erin Chon is a freshman in high school and has been involved with her church ever since she was born. Born into a Presbyterian family, with a pastor father, her life was heavily influenced by the ways of Christ. Today, she continues her faith journey at Alma College and participates as a member of Alma Chapel's Host Team


"Come to me, all you that are weary and care carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)
            
During the course of our life time, we experience many things, both terrible and wondrous. But it is during the times of struggle when we must look to God and entrust our burdens to him -- Burdens of both the present and future. as long as the Lord is in control, there could only be blessings.
            The Lord goes on to say, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me". So as we come to trust the Lord with our burdens, he trusts us with his. "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matthew 11:30).  But what is it that makes his burden so "light"? The answer is that you never have to carry it alone, because Christ will always be with you every step of the way. Also, never forget your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, who also carry his burden.
            So, as you carry the Lord's yoke, do so with a strong heart and living not by sight, but faith. He will lift your heavy burdens and lay upon you his humble and merciful heart; For his love is his burden put onto you.


No comments:

Post a Comment