Monday, March 12, 2012

All that Stuff


 Linsey is a senior EHS major and generally always has a smile on her face. She loves hiking and being outdoors as well as just unwinding and watching movies with friends.

Since I was a little girl I have always been taught to praise God for all of the good things he has done in my life before I ask him for anything. This always seemed so easy when I was younger, when life was much simpler. I have discovered though that as my To-Do lists get longer, my days get busier, and time just seems to fly by that I get caught up in all of the little things in life that don’t go right. Things like forgetting to set my alarm, spilling coffee, misplacing something end up ruining my day. I forget how blessed I truly am and end up just asking God to make my day better. I didn’t realize how often this happened until I heard a song called “This is the Stuff” by Francesca Battistelli. I like to call this song my anthem now because I have come to realize that God has truly blessed me and that he knows what he is doing in my life. God really might use the tiny things that annoy me in life to shape and mold me into who I am supposed to be. The truth is that I may never really know what events he is planning on using in my life but I need to remember that I shouldn’t worry about what will happen that day or the next because God knows what he is doing. I challenge you to reflect on this song and a verse in Mathew that tells us to not worry about what will happen in our Life because God has blessed us and he will always take care of us.

Scripture: Mathew 6: 25-34


Favorite part of lyrics:

In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I’m blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You’re doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

No comments:

Post a Comment