Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Search for Peace


Janelle is a spunky freshman thinking about majoring in Religious Studies and minoring in music.  A few of her favorite things are coloring, napping, and eating. 

I am inadequate. Insignificant. Insecure.

Far too often this is what my heart hears. I know very little. I can do very little. I am very little in comparison to this big world. This feeling kills me. I want to do BIG things. I want to be important. I want God to use me to make his kingdom great, but what can I do? I’m just a kid. An inadequate, insignificant, insecure, kid. All I do is fall short.
The reality is, this is my daily struggle. I put on a face of strength and confidence, but I am easily discouraged, my confidence quickly dashed at any reminder of my inadequacy.
Where can I find peace?

1 Corinthians 1:27-30 says this:
Brothers think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things and the things that are not --to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him. It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God –that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

2 Corinthians 12: 9
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The point is I am inadequate. Insignificant. Insecure. None of that is a lie; the lie is when I believe that God can’t use me because of all that. The truth is God’s grace is sufficient for me. God is big enough to do big things even through little old me, and that is amazing.


I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment