Monday, March 5, 2012

Always There


Alex Sprague is a  freshmen at Alma College.  Double majoring in Political Science and Religious, he aspires to be a minister as he has since 3rd grade. He loves hanging out with friends both in chapel and outside of chapel.  You might find him reading Harry Potter or enjoying  Baseball. He loves Mercy Me, especially the song I can Only Imagine.


Isaiah 43:1-4
            But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lore you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you. Because you are precious in my sight, and honored, and I love you.

            This passage means a lot to me, I discovered this passage right after my cousin died from cancer and my pastor died in a drowning accident. It brought me closer to God after reading this and helped me get through the pain that I was feeling during that time. To me this passage reminds me that God is with you no matter what goes on in your life, in the good times and the bad times. It also reminds me that God loves us even when we screw up and do crappy things and also when we do great and awesome things. As we go through out this Lenten season, it may be a rough time for you but just remember that even though you may go through a crappy time God is always there ready to hear the problems that you are going through. As Jesus went through 40 days of fasting, he knew that God was right there, and even as he knew he was going to die, he knew God was there.

Closing Prayer: Dear God, Thanks for always being there and walking with us through our             crappy times and through our good times. It means a lot to know that you would save us from a flood or a fire and that you love us so much. In your name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment