Thursday, March 29, 2012

We are so loved.

Emily Hollenberg is a sophomore RA and an education major with hopes of being an English and Spanish teacher. She enjoys reading, writing poetry, blogging, and watching The Lion King obsessively. She’s a member of Gamma Phi Beta and Active Minds, and hopes to become more involved in Chapel!

             As soon as I decided that I was going to write this, the first scripture that popped into my head was Psalm 139.14: “I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” I’ve always liked this verse because it reminds me that I am loved by God. He made me with intention. He knows my hopes and fears and dreams and aspirations, and He couldn’t be more proud that I have them. He wants to watch me grow and learn and become myself, to reach my full potential, and that He loves me absolutely unconditionally. I am Emily, and I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I am made in wonder. I am made in fear. Look out world, here I come, ready to be the best that I can be and worship the loving God who made me; who I am with all of my perfections and imperfections. I couldn’t be more happy that I am me, and that this is what God has planned for me, whether I know what that plan is or not.
            Sometimes I feel like maybe we stray away from this idea. We know that God loves us, but do we truly understand that love? Do we realize the gravity of how loved we are, how fearfully and wonderfully made we are? You, yes YOU, are loved by God, and fearfully and wonderfully made. Praise, praise, praise! We are fearfully and wonderfully made and we are LOVED, we are so loved.
            Maybe this isn’t a traditional devotional, and maybe it is. I don’t know to write a devotional, I just know how to be loved by God and how to love Him with all my heart.  And I know that we are so, so, loved. Always remember that you are wonderful. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment